Saturday, March 1, 2014

Learned something new

A few days ago I was baking a cake with a friend of mine and she taught me something new.

Replacing oil with applesauce, this will make your cake healthier. Something I've never heard of before, and I must admit I was skeptic about it. But it turned out just fine, and is definitely something I will be using for future baking.

I did a bit of research on the matter, and learned you can use applesauce when ever the recipes ask for oil or melted butter/margarine. The only thing you should keep in mind, is to use unsweetened applesauce, as most recipes already have sugar listed as an ingredient.

Another thing I read many places, if you bake cookies, don't replace the oil/butter with applesauce. many said it would make the cookie soft an not crispy. However if that is how you like your cookies, go ahead.

With that said, I just opened my baking corner, I hope you will enjoy it as much as do =)

No comments:

Post a Comment