Saturday, February 22, 2014

Blanket

My boyfriends grandmother was kind enough to give me her leftover yarn from her knitting time. And by leftovers she mean a huge bag with lots of bundles. So many that I decided to make a blanket out of it.

The design is very simple, as I am still not the goddess of knitting, although that would be cool if that was the case.
Also I decided to keep it simple as I am not knitting every day, so would like something easy I can just pick up whenever I feel like it.

The colors I got was blue, purple, pink, white, green and yellow, i decided to pair them and knit with a double thread to make sure the blanket would be thick enough. I paired blue and purple, white with pink and green with yellow.

I knit in squares measuring 20 cm or 7.9 inches and uses a size 4 in needles. In Denmark, where I am from we use the metric system, so that is why my measurement is in cm's and my inches may have odd numbers.

After knitting the first three squares, I was starting to think in what order should I arrange them? One would think that was something I should have thought of first, but nah! I started to draw a bit and see what I could come up with, my boyfriend even came with a suggestion too.

For now this is the idea I prefer the most, so I will probably stick with that. The only thing I haven't decided yet is, if I should cover the back with a piece of fabric.
In order to make a bit diversity in the squares I will knit regularly and purl, but I haven't decided how many I should do that with.

I am very excited for the end result, as this is a big project for me, even though I know it's simple. But never made a blanket before, so this will be fun!









No comments:

Post a Comment